Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Rude Awakening

Just as Adrienne and I were getting up this morning, we were disturbed by a knock on the door. It was the Secret Service needing to sweep our room with their dog. There were cops all over our floor. Adrienne and I figured it was either Dubya coming to visit his hometown, or some oil sheik. Regardless, we didn't think it was a good idea to stick around all that mess, so we bounced. Turns out, it wasn't Dubya, it was the President - I mean, vice President - in town for a fundraiser. Yup, we were thisclose to being suitemates with Cheney. Good thing I left our complimentary bottle of vinegar-masquerading-as-prosecco behind for him.

Before Adrienne and I left Austin, we were a little nervous about traveling through so many "podunk" towns, because, well, Adrienne and I are, to put it nicely, a little hard to miss. However, here is a little tip from me to you:

If you are nervous about being in a podunk town because you are most certainly not from around there, wear hot pink. People in podunk towns have too many manners to kill anyone wearing pink.

No comments: